It's All About Relationship

I don’t know why... and this shouldn’t be the case, because this isn’t the first time... but I don’t know why I still get surprised when God answers my prayer/petitions immediately. I guess it just boggles my human mind that He cares about everything that concerns me, to the extent that he will integrate His response to me amongst His response to a multitude of others - simply because He loves me.
That’s the GREATEST thing about being in a relationship with God (or whatever you refer to Him as), He KNOWS you. He Knows your heart, your intentions, your best laid plans, shortcomings, sins, etc. and loves, cares, leads, and guides you in accordance with His plans for your life and without regard to your flaws. Need proof? Read the Bible. Show me one person, whom we extol as virtuous today, who walked the earth without sin or blemish but Jesus... Let me save you some time. You won’t find anyone.
I can’t tell you how much it vexes my spirit to watch other flawed beings tell individuals “how” to come to God (based on their individual limited human experiences) as it relates to what’s acceptable to them or the “church”.
JUST COME. HE WILL DO THE REST. He simply wants to be in relationship with you. And like any parent, His relationship with each of His children is different. Stop listening to other people. Stop allowing their “qualifications” to deter, disappoint, or delude you. Instead, follow that still small voice -which just may emanate from your gut or your heart. Follow that voice and you won’t be sorry. I get impatient (most times 😉), but I can honestly say, He has never left me nor forsaken me and His plans have ALWAYS been SO MUCH BETTER than mine.

Rev. Dr.
Mark Johnson
of Edgewater Baptist Church, New Orleans, LA

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Democratic Process

Revolutionizing our Struggling Public Schools