Keep Your Perspective

Last night, I looked down at my feet and got instantly depressed. My feet were a mess! I wanted- no, I needed a pedicure so badly it hurts! I immediately Googled “outdoor pedicures near me” to see if a shop had come up with the novel idea to do pedicures outside. Alas, there was none to be found. Dispirited, I looked at my ravaged toenail polish and overgrown nails and thought, “this isn’t about my feet as much as it’s about my perception of the current state of my environment.”
Five months into this pandemic, I’d begun to start feeling the isolation and anxiety of having my options, opportunities, and freedom restricted as a result of our current health crisis and the overt dangers associated with COVID-19. In that moment, I had two choices: (1) continue to go down the rabbit hole of despair and desperation or (2) change my perspective. One and a half hours and an Epsom salt and lavender essential oil foot bath later, I was feeling better, my feet were looking better and I had regained my perspective.

Take a breath. This too shall pass. #perspectivematters





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Democratic Process

It's All About Relationship

Revolutionizing our Struggling Public Schools