Delivering Training that is Engaging and Fun

When you’ve been doing something for a period of time, it’s easy to get bored.  I’ve been doing adult learning, in one form or fashion (Trainer, Instructional Designer, Professor, Facilitator, Presenter, Author, Minister, and Learning and Development Consultant), for twenty years.  One thing that I’ve always loved about my profession is the autonomy that I have to design programs that engage participants by encouraging them to think outside of the box (sometimes getting their hands dirty), and to synthesize, apply, and retain new information (otherwise known in the industry as “transfer of training”).

I like to have a good time. I don’t enjoy talking “at” individuals- I’d much rather engage them in a discussion and take them on a journey.  Training can get stale.  Can you remember a time when learning was engaging or how excited (motivated) you were when you discovered some new, impactful information? Of course you do- that’s the point!

I’ve delivered a communication/bonding session for Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. GCAC Teen Lift participants - and using these as a culminating activity for the last two years!
hashtagcreativiteandfun
hashtagexperientiallearning💡


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Democratic Process

It's All About Relationship

Sexting:Teen Phenomenon & Felony