Even a Change Practioner Sometimes Struggles with Change

I don't like change.  There, I said it. However, while I don't "like" change, I know that it is necessary. Anything that doesn't evolve and grow, dies. 

As a Learning and Development Consultant, I have helped countless employees, supervisors, managers, and stakeholders embrace, adapt to, and, ultimately thrive under changing circumstances, expectations, and/or outcomes.  As an Elected Official, I've done the same with my colleagues, constituents, and partners. And as a Prosci Certified Change Practitioner, I've even had to challenge my own preconceived notions, negative thoughts, and fears regarding change.  


Around 4th quarter of 2017, I began to feel the slight breeze of change.  Up until that point, I was content - I had a great opportunity to make good money and an impact professionally. Despite this, I knew deep down inside that change was coming.  By July 2018, the gentle breeze of change turned into wind gusts... and everything that could be shaken, was... Individual shifts in perspective and behavior are the cornerstone of change.  What may first appear to upend everything, ultimately gives way to something new... and dare I say, exciting and rewarding.
My grandparents planted these trees when they built their home well over 50 years ago.  It was bittersweet to watch them be cut down... time, age, and disease had taken its toll. I planted new flower pots, in their place, as a reminder that change brings about new opportunities, fresh perspectives, and the chance to try (and enjoy) something new. #perspectivematters


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Democratic Process

It's All About Relationship